Ad1

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Mango cake (Eggless, butterless)



Hello everyone, today I am very happy as after a long wait I got to find some really good and nicely ripped mangoes here. Though they are not Asian but still have a very nice flavour. I was seeing so many posts daily related to mangoes, as Indian markets are flooded with them. But did not prepare a single one due to unavailability of mangoes here. As soon as I saw them, first thing came to my mind was cheese cake and as soon as I went to buy cream cheese, kept it down immediately because of its huge calories, I am struggling to loose and on the top of it "cheese cake" no ways!!!!!!!. 


These were nicely ripped, so had to make something from them. Therefore baked a sponge cake which eggless and butterless too (So finally succeeded to shed few of the calories but not much). I poured the mango glaze on the top which was super yummmmm and decorated with some finely chopped mangoes. The cake was moist and fluffy, glaze took it t other level and the mango pieces gave it natural freshness. It was a great treat to us an you won't believe Sushant galloped it like anything. So here comes the ingredients following the method :)



Ingredients : 
As usual, I have divided the ingredients list in two parts- the dry & wet ingredients. This way it will be easy for you to follow. 
Dry ingredients:
  • All Purpose flour/Maida/Plain flour - 1 cup
  • Baking Powder - 1 tsp
  • Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Wet ingredients : 
  • White granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
  • Thick Yogurt - 1/4 cup (at room temperature)
  • Vegetable Oil - 1/4 cup 
  • Mango puree - 1/2 cup (Freshly squeezed)
  For Sugar glaze  
  • Icing sugar/Ground sugar - 3-4 tbsps
  • Mango puree - 1/2 cup
Finely chopped mango to decorate.
Method : 
  • First preheat the oven at 180°C. Grease & flour the baking tin of 6-7" diameter, or line with parchment paper/Butter paper. I took a loaf tin.
  • Sieve the dry ingredients together atleast 3 times and keep aside, this give more aeration in the flour and helps in making the cake light.
  • In other bowl mix sugar + yogurt and whisk nicely, you will get a very nice texture. To this add mango puree, oil and mix well. After they are well combined add the dry ingredients and fold in gently. Don't overmix, just make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
  • Pour the batter in tin.
  • Bake it on the middle rack for 45-50 mins or unless a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Mine took exactly 47 minutes. But keep checking after 45 minutes as every oven vary as per the power and also the type of tin used :)
  • When done, take it out and give a rest of 2 minutes in the tin, then demold and cool on a cooling rack.
  • Prepare the sugar glaze - In a pan take sugar and mix in mango puree, whisk and cook on medium flame. The sugar will dissolve. Now let it cool. Once cooled will thicken.
  • When the cake is completely cooled, pour the glaze and let it set for 5-10 minutes. You can finish it with some spatula even. Sprinkle the chopped mangoes on top and sprig of mint. Slice it and serve.
Enjoy !!!!!!

Note :
For Mango puree, simply blend roughly chopped mangoes in a blender without water.

Please do share your experiences and feedback with me in the below section of comments or on my Facebook page. I too have a You Tube channel please do visit for all the video recipes. All the links mentioned below :) 

Thanks & Happy Baking
Priyanka :))) 


32 comments:

  1. Thx for this easy yet delicious recipe. I made it ystdy for my husband's bday and it came out gr8. My son loved it :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaoow that's great :), I am glad that u liked it :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Priyanka, I loved the Mango cake recipe, I will make it today.
    I have 2 Questions.

    1. Plz suggest how to check batter consistency? If I take a spoon from the batter and pour it. should it be dropping or not.
    OR should it be free flowing/dropping consistency?

    waiting for your reply.

    2. Which variety mangos you took?

    Any other tips for a beginner cooking person :)

    Meera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      Batter should not be very thick nor very runny. For the perfect consistency just follow the recipe step by step. Also I have a video recipe of another eggless cake, u can check the consistency there even. Below is the link for it.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlqMXMHO4UQ

      I am in London, hence didn't use any Asian variety. But would advise u to use very sweet variety with less fibers.

      Delete
  3. The cake tasted like having baking soda and baking powder, though I followed the recipe step by step with proper measurements. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Something went wrong, tasting as baking soda and baking powder, the amount is very less used.

      Delete
  4. My mom tried ur rumali roti..she was very happy with the result and she is your fan now..and now I m going to try this cake..looks yummyyyy..nice shot btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Priyanka, stumbled upon your blog through Tasty Query and absolutely love it!! I will definitely be trying out this recipe, looks yummylicious! Do chk out my blog for desserts and other recipes, when you get a chance. If you like you can be a follower too!

    Neets
    neetustastytreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a Lot Neets, already visited and found too interesting, will definitely be following u :)

      Delete
  6. Priyanka tried your Mango Cake recipe and it tasted awesome :)... Love your recipes will try some more... Great going Priyanka :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very helpful post.Thanks so much! I hope this one goes viral. Eggless Mango cake looks very delicious. Get the best eggless cakes only from Monginis with a wide range variety of cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But did not prepare a single one due to unavailability of mangoes here. As soon as I saw them, first thing came to my mind was cheese cake and as soon as I went to buy cream cheese, kept it down immediately because of its huge calories, I am struggling to loose and on the top of it "cheese cake" no ways!!!!!! bachelorette party cake ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Priyanka,
    Tried your mango cake again. Have made it 4-5 times so far and it has never failed me. Infact, I use whole wheat flour and oats for the batter. Tdy, I tried the mango glaze for the 1st time and it took the cake to another level....Thx for this fantastic recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post. I would like to inform you that now monginis provide fresh eggless sponge cake online in India. http://www.monginis.net/eggless-cakes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thx Priyanka..yesterday I made this yummy cake on my wedding anniversary.. It was yummy..everyone liked it..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thx Priyanka..yesterday I made this yummy cake on my wedding anniversary.. It was yummy..everyone liked it..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Srusly so asum cake i made it ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Srusly so asum cake i made it ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can u pls give the measurements in gms

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cake came out really well and spongy...... Non greasy.....very gud recipe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I had so many extra mangoes and very limited ingredients hence when I stumbled upon this recipe, I decided to try it... I found the batter too think but nevertheless stuck to the recipe and voila! Turned out to be a perfect cake... Totally loved the cake for its awesome mango flavor, the fluffiness and it's consistency.. Thanks much! This is one cake I'm. Gonna make again and again

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, regarding the glaze, does it still remain in pouring consistency after cooling down? Should it be cooled down completely or just still warm?

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks very tasty, I have to do it today for dessert. Your blog is very interesting.
    milovanie.pl

    ReplyDelete

  20. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! You completed certain reliable points there. Please post something about birthday cakes.

    ReplyDelete